Earlier this month one of our engineers Frank McLay visited Schneider Electric’s offices in Grenoble to undertake training on the APC Symmetra PX2 UPS.
The PX2 is a true modular system, made up of swappable power, battery, intelligence, and bypass modules that facilitate easy installation and efficient service. It is one of our highest selling products so it’s important that all of our engineers are fully trained on the system.
Frank says: “I was made to feel really welcome on my arrival and during my visit to Schneider Electric Grenoble. I gained useful knowledge of the product and related equipment that can be added to it. The Symmetra PX2 is one of the few modular UPS products on the market and its design provides fast serviceability and reduced intrusive maintenance requirements.”
Other benefits of the Symmetra PX2:
- Battery modules connected in parallel - Delivers higher availability through redundant batteries.
- Configurable for N+1 internal redundancy - Provides high availability through redundancy by allowing configuration with one more Power Module than is necessary to support the connected load.
- Fully-rated power kVA equals kW - Reduces cost by eliminating the need for an oversized UPS for Power Factor Corrected (PFC) loads.
- Generator compatible - Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment when generator power is used.
- Modular design - Provides fast serviceability and reduced maintenance requirements via self-diagnosing, field-replaceable modules.
- Power Modules connected in parallel - Enhances availability by allowing immediate, seamless recovery from isolated module failures.
- Scalable power capacity - Reduces UPS over-sizing costs today by allowing quick power upgrades, within the same footprint, later.
Thanks again to Schneider Electric for such excellent French hospitality.